Unrivalled insights into the sector and its customers
TAX DATA AND
Benefit from Financial Software Ltd’s comprehensive tax knowledge and financial markets experience.
KEEP THINGS FLEXIBLE WITH THE SERVICES THAT SUIT YOU:
• We provide both security-level and client-level reconciliation to give you the best view of your clients’ affairs.
• Benefit from reconciliation against our database of securities and corporate actions, assuring you that your data matches the available information.
• We analyse your data to find the causes of any reconciliation breaks or data issues, with clear steps to resolve them.
• This can include queries regarding the treatment of securities, calculation of chargeable disposals, corporate actions, and more.
• We advise you on the most efficient operations processes, based on our many years of experience, to ensure your tax reporting service runs smoothly.
• Our review includes securities, corporate actions, excess reportable income, and more.
• Where possible, we will assist with niche areas of tax to ensure compliance.
• We check your tax packs against your own data and data sourced from our providers to verify all figures and treatments.
• Years of experience enable us to quickly identify underlying issues and common errors.
• Our checks go beyond comparing figures and include a full review to ensure the packs are correct for UK tax purposes.
• When you need in-person support, we work with your systems and teams on the premises to identify potential issues and prevent future problems. For example, these could include costs of sale, reconciliation with CGiX or other tax systems, and reconciliation with tax vouchers of distribution.
CUSTOMISED TRAINING COURSES
Whatever your requirements, we tailor our training courses to suit your needs.
CGiX CGT SOFTWARE COURSES
Learn how to maximise your use of the industry’s most trusted capital gains tax calculator software as we guide you through the different areas of CGiX, data entry and manipulation, importing data in bulk, and getting the most from the What If module.
CAPITAL GAINS TAX AND INCOME TAX COURSES
Our bespoke income tax and capital gains tax courses cater to people with no prior tax knowledge, generalists who need niche advice, and specialists who want a refresher. And because we tailor our approach, we can cover everything from the nature of disposals, share matching rules, and different types of security, all the way to more advanced aspects like excess reportable income (ERI) data, corporate actions, and the rules of probate.
Your reputation rests on the quality of the data you share with customers. We get to the heart of niche markets, where accurate data is difficult to source.
Thanks to our comprehensive contacts database, Financial Software Ltd gets straight to the correct information and everything is rigorously checked for accuracy.
Depending on your needs, we conduct primary research into offshore funds, bonds, capital gains tax and income tax.
Initially, we contact the issuer and then supplement the data using various resources, including data vendors, HMRC, and public documents. This ensures we pinpoint the correct tax liability so accurate reports can be submitted to HMRC.
We also offer total transparency, allowing you to access the raw data on request.
WHY INVEST IN DATA ANALYSIS?
MULTIPLE DATA SOURCES MEAN GREATER RELIABILITY.
SPECIALISED SUPPORT FROM EXPERIENCED DATA ANALYSTS WHO SAVE YOU TIME ACCESSING HARD TO FIND INFORMATION.
IT CAN BE CHALLENGING TO GET CLARITY ON TAX TREATMENT FOR COMPLEX STRUCTURED INSTRUMENTS; WE PROVIDE AN EASY-TO-UNDERSTAND PICTURE.
THERE IS LESS CHANCE OF MISSING DATA USING OUR BESPOKE SERVICE THAN A GENERAL DATA VENDOR.
CAPITAL GAINS TAX CALCULATOR
Our team can accurately classify the tax liability of financial instruments for capital gains tax calculation purposes. These instruments cover all debt securities (including Eurobonds and deep discounted securities), offshore funds, structured products, and equities.
We can also easily identify and determine tax liabilities for non-UK funds with our Offshore Reporting Funds (ORF) solution.
We have the ability to accurately classify the asset type and corporate events for income tax purposes. Asset classes include unit trusts & OEICs (plus bond funds), equity, fixed income, government-issued fixed income, PAIFs, ETFs, investment trusts, and TEFs.